Remember summer camp as a kid?
Why can’t you experience that feeling again along with top-notch Language Arts Training? We are offering trainings for teachers at our ranch in Crockett, TX! It’s half way between Houston and Dallas. Think of a night in an air-conditioned cabin with friends combined with the outdoors and personalized training for your team!
Here are a few of the training details:
– Two-day inservice with handout and foldables for grades 3-8.
– The inservice will be the Full Circle Language Arts training that addresses all types of writing, the different types of multiple-choice questions (for reading, editing, & revising), and the short answer aspect with textual evidence.
– Small group training, that includes a “Fireside Chat” or “Dessert in the Diner” to pick Randi’s brain!
– CPE Credit
Arrival time 10-10:30 – settle in to your cabin
11:00-11:45 – lunch together
12:00-2:30 – begin training
2:30-2:45 – snack/break
2:45-5:00 – resume training
5:00-5:30 – time in cabins
5:30-6:30 – fun activity around ranch (outside chairs will be provided to watch, or this can be extra time in your cabin)
6:30-7:00 – buggy ride on trails though the piney woods
7:00-8:00 – dinner
8:00-9:30 – Fireside Chats around the camp fire or Desserts in the Diner (each group will decide which they would like) with Randi to talk about teaching Reading and Writing.
8:30-9:15 – breakfast
9:30-11:15 – start training
11:30-12:15 – lunch
12:30-1:45 – resume training
1:45-2:00 – snack break
2:00-4:00 – Finish up the best training of your life!
4:00 – release to go home – start counting down to when you can come back to the Teach BIG Ranch Retreat!
What should I pack?
Very comfortable clothes
Old and comfortable shoes
Your amazing self
Everything else is included!
We will be providing all the supplies, handouts, food, and lodging!
Here are more exciting details that are INCLUDED in the cost:
- One overnight stay in cabin
- One dinner (hamburgers and chips)
- One breakfast (eggs, hash browns, biscuits, bacon, sausage, vegetables)
- Two lunches (1st day: lasagna/Caesar salad, 2nd day: taco buffet)
- Three snacks (chocolate-covered strawberries, and then two surprise snacks)
- Trail Rides
- Bonding Activity: each weeks’ group will choose which one they would like – bean bag toss, horseshoes, kickball, more trail riding, volleyball – keep in mind that none of these are required and are all in fun – no experts allowed